View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:05 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Nah, he'll be dealt by the draft. The Avs won't allow this to go on beyond that point.

Yeah, I think people pigeon-holing RoR as a 3C or even 2C is completely shortsighted. (geez...talk about absolutely forgetting what this guy brought for 3 years) He just turned 22 years old and was able to put up 55 points in his very first opportunity with significant power play time playing with Landeskog and a combination of Hejduk/Winnik and Downie. You stick this kid between Ladd and Wheeler and he'll improve on that total, I'm quite certain of that.

I personally don't think that 1C is out of the question for him and I don't know why it seems so far fetched for anyone. He's still very young and is going to keep getting better.

Let's not allow the current contract situation to tarnish what this kid can do as a player.
I don't see true #1 capabilities in ROR. Maybe a #1 on a bad team, but on a good team he is an elite #2. Think Patrice Bergeron. A 55-60point center that will be elite defensively. That is a hell of a player, and one you really want on your team.