View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:15 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
TT seems to have a lot of fans around here...
yes he made some great moves, but some of his moves are just...

A.Kostistyn over Carter, dustin Brown, Zach Parise, Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan kesler, Corey Perry...

Chipchura over Zajac, Wolski, Meszaros, MIKE GREEN

David Fischer over Claude Giroux, Berglund, Foligno
There's always going to be mistakes but the same drill can look like,

Subban over Palushaj, Antoine Lafleur, Keven Veilleux, Ruslan Bashkirov, etc...

Pacioretty over Patrick White, Nick Ross, Billy Sweatt, Nick Petrecki,

Price over Gilbert Brule, Jack Skille, Brian Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
It's fun to go back and read old threads from the 2006 draft. I would say most of the posters here wanted us to pick Sanguinetti. Chris Summers was a big favorite, as was Chris Stewart. Then a few votes for Berglund, Giroux and Yuri Alexandrov.
I actually had Fischer, Giroux and Summers as our picks, too bad i was right with the wrong one.

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....howpage&pid=60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
3-i'm always worried about giants, they're often overated because they look pretty good in a "non-NHL speed" game, but once they hit the NHL, its not the same
Tinordi moves well, I'd be surprised if it is a problem for him at the NHL level. I don't know what he will do in the NHL, but I'd bet money that he ends up at worst a very solid bottom pairing defensemen that excells on the PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Fischer is an easy target, but we must remember it was the first year NCAA players were available at that age, so the evaluation of those prospects playing against that competition still needed to be gauged versus the CHL, where the level of play is more a known factor.
good point. Fischer also had some very interesting qualities, tall frame, great skater that can move the puck. It's too bad he didn't work hard enough, he seems to be doing well enough in Germany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He started in 2002 I believe...
It was after the draft if I recall correctly, so he gets credit from '03 and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnuJoker View Post
Do you think he's doing a good job so far?
yes, he's had 27 players make the NHL so far and that number should continue to increase,

here's an older list of Timmins NHL picks, before Galchenyuk and Gallagher made their debuts,

http://www.habprospects.com/modules....rticle&sid=182

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
To be honest, since he scored big in 2007 his picks have been somewhat underwhelming. 2008 and 2009 have been extremely weak. Too early to judge 2010 to present. Galchenyuk was an obvious pick. He found a good one in Gallagher.
I don't agree that at the time, Galchenyuk was an obvious pick, since there were so many question marks after missing so much time.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote