View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:27 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Sorry for late response. Been away from boards lately.

I have no beef with what Murray had to give up to get a player like Beauchemin. The trade itself is not my problem. It's the fact that we had to make it. It should have never had to happen. Yes he had to find a replacement, because he made the initial mistake of creating such a vital hole. If you believe it wasn't a big error on his part fine, but I completely disagree. You praise him for his bold moves, but that one (depending on such unproven player(s) for a top 4 role) killed us that season. Yeah he's had bold moves pay off, but he's had them fail just as bad, which have cost is dearly in years past.
Like what? Not to come off antagonistic (I'm really not) but I am curious to know what moves you claim to have cost [us] dearly. Letting Beauch walk was a mistake but only in hindsight. I think of a lot of us thought Wiz was going to carry that load and he didn't and then Whitney fell apart and then Scotty retired. If he knew all of that was going to happen I don't think he would have let him walk.

But other than that what bad moves that cost this team? I feel like he's made moves that didn't have an impact but didn't cost us either (Christensen, Artyukhin, Sutton etc.) The only stub prospect we lost was Gardiner and that only hurts because Schultz effed us.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote