View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post
I apologize if I saw a two time 26 point centre, who just happened to play with Gabe Landeskog last season, who just happened to be given 1st line treatment because of Duchene's struggles last season. As of right now, he is a 3rd line centre who had one good season.

You're telling me Ryan O'Reilly will be used more if he were to sign tomorrow playing on a line with John Mitchell/Cody McLeod and Milan Hejduk/Aaron Palushaj? Because he certainly would not get the luxury of playing with McGinn, Parenteau, Landeskog, or Jones (though Jones sucks); he would be the 3rd line centre on this team and I don't see him unseating Duchene, nor do I see Stastny playing on the 3rd line.

You can bring up his 55 point season all you want and then tell me that his first two seasons he didn't get any PP time or was playing more on the PK or that he was so young; I get that, I agree, but I stated that he is a 3C with 2C potential; on this team, I don't see him reaching that potential
Oh, I'm positive he'd be reunited with Landy tomorrow if Sacco had an ounce of sense.

You're selling the kid short--yes, he did benefit from more ice time and being paired with a hotshot rookie. But he also scored those points while also tasked with shutting down the opposition's top lines and taking a majority of defensive zone draws. It's not as if Sacco sheltered the kid like you do a lot of top line players.

He has the potential to be a legit top line center in this league. It's okay to question that, it's true that we've only seen one breakout season, but it was a hell of a season for a kid who's not yet 23. I think it's at least safe to say he's way more than a 3rd liner though.

Honestly if he were to come back tomorrow I'd try a line of Landeskog - O'Reilly - Stastny and see what happens. Yes, I realize that could be a slow line, but I'd be curious to see Stazz back at the wing and possibly being the setup guy for O'Reilly's one-timer, which keeps getting better and better.

But I suppose that's a pipe dream. O'Reilly's not playing again for the Avs.