View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
I wouldn't mind if in the future it was streamed live should the technology get to that point but yes, I was talking about for use in instant replay.

Just imagine one day, we're all watching a game 7 OT of the Stanley Cup finals where the home team scores to win the Cup and being able to see and hear the moment the goal scorer puts it in the net from his perspective. Just imagining the possibility of that sends chills up my spine.

Hell.. even something as simple as seeing the view from the Captain raising the Cup for the first time would be incredibly cool
Not sure I'd want to watch the game streaming that way, I love the overhead view. The way I watch really depends on being able to see most of the players at once.

Having said that, I totally agree with the bolded. I think it'd also provide a lot of insight for people who haven't played the game before. You can see how little things work on the ice and really get an idea of what it might feel like to play. It might help build enthusiasm for the sport too in that way - imagine being a little kid watching hockey and seeing Sid look around the ice and make a perfect pass that gets banged in from Sid's POV. If that doesn't get kids wanting to play, I'm not sure what will. Hell, I want to play right now just picturing what that might look like.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote