Thread: Speculation: It's Time to Tank: Who Gets Moved
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I love how everyone says no FA will sign here if we move players. Every team moves players, it's not like we're moving a Hossa just because, either. It's not working here, they're assets, Tallon will do what's best for the team, not individuals.

Not everyone will be moved, perhaps a few, maybe several, but c'mon.

So far as Kuli, adios. If Tallon believes he can improve and stop making horrible passes in front of the net and can start making shots and not misses, fine then. But if we can move him in a Neal/Niskanen type deal? Who's gonna be upset? Not saying a deal like that is out there, but I'm not gonna say he's needed for a Cup run, cause I don't believe he is. He can be a good piece, but we could possibly get better.
People are saying no FA will sign here, because frankly, would you? I mean I know it comes down to how the particular player does when brought in here, but how does it look if Tallon brings in Versteeg,resigns him to current contract and then trades him? Sure,he's been injuried and struggling but in my view, that's no reason to ship him out. ( not saying its going to happen) same goes with Flash, and although Kuli was drafted here, he was resigned. I just think people feel that it's bad business to sign players( not Jovo or Upshall because they can go) and then trade them a year after being signed. Again, I do agree with you and I know this is a business after all, but how would Tallon look if he did do a trade involving Kuli and ROR and then O'Reily didn't pan out and Kuli because a top Dman?? He would look silly.