View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 02:39 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
True enough. I'm pretty neutral on Lavy honestly, but he's been dealt a pretty ****** hand this year. The team isn't put together all that well to excel in his system, and they're incredibly young in some very key spots. With that youth comes inconsistency and mental errors. Obviously he should adjust, which I think he's tried, but you can't ask a coach to completely reinvent himself in one offseason and change the plans that he's used in three places (getting a cup in one). That's just as much on Homer as it is on him.
That's a terrible argument. You tweak/adapt your system to get results with what you have. This isn't the blue jackets or flames, there are plenty of quality players that just aren't performing. And I absolutely blame the terrible starts on Laviolette cause this has been a problem since he was coach. When Richards was here and the team played like crap (not this bad but not a full 60 most games either) people were saying how we wasn't a good captain or that there was a problem in the locker room with Pronger or a relationship problem with the coach. Since the problem started (when Lavy was hired) the majority of the team has changed. Who is left? Hartnell, G, Briere, Kimmo, Coburn and Mez. You really think one of them is the problem or it just so happens that the guys who wouldn't come out hard where eventually shipped out or let go were replaced with guys who don't play a full 60/are unmotivated most nights? Laviolette is the common denominator