Old
02-26-2013, 01:43 PM
Tinalera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Just re-read Lebrun's article and came across this:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/89...ue-4-divisions

So let me see if I am understanding this right. Let's say next year, it works out so 4 teams from the Atlantic and 4 teams from the Central make it in. Now, let's say the Flyers win the Atlantic with 110 points, and the Senators win the Central with 105. For the two bottom seeds, the "wild-cards" you have the Isles with 92 points and the Leafs with 88 points. According to what Lebrun is saying, the Flyers, having the better record of the division champs would play the Leafs, the lower seeded wild-card and the Isles would play the Senators in the first round?

This is the stupidest thing in the World. I HOPE this ONLY applies when 5 teams from one division make it in and 3 teams from the other get in. If it is 4 and 4, I hope it is strictly 1 v 4, 2 v 3. Please tell me I am reading this wrong, or please tell me Lebrun left out this detail.
The way I've been reading it is that top 3 teams from each are locked in from each division. Then the remaining pools in East and West respectively fight it out for the final 2 wildcard spots in each conference. So if you aren't top three in your division, you're fighting it out not just with the rest of your division, but the rest of your conference to get the 4th and 5th highest point totals.

but the "5 team" rule, the "5th place" team would probably cross over to the other "division" kind of like how CFL does it-at least that's how I read it.

But yea it's totally confusing!