Old
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
KingsFan7824

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Just re-read Lebrun's article and came across this:

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/89...ue-4-divisions

So let me see if I am understanding this right. Let's say next year, it works out so 4 teams from the Atlantic and 4 teams from the Central make it in. Now, let's say the Flyers win the Atlantic with 110 points, and the Senators win the Central with 105. For the two bottom seeds, the "wild-cards" you have the Isles with 92 points and the Leafs with 88 points. According to what Lebrun is saying, the Flyers, having the better record of the division champs would play the Leafs, the lower seeded wild-card and the Isles would play the Senators in the first round?

This is the stupidest thing in the World. I HOPE this ONLY applies when 5 teams from one division make it in and 3 teams from the other get in. If it is 4 and 4, I hope it is strictly 1 v 4, 2 v 3. Please tell me I am reading this wrong, or please tell me Lebrun left out this detail.
It would be weird to do that, but where that scenario really wouldn't make sense is in the West.

If it's supposed to be divisional, and it's 4 and 4 in any given year, I would think it'll stay in-division. However, there are a lot of different interests in this realignment, so some crazy stuff could happen.