View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:55 PM
TheDevilMadeMe
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil View Post
They really aren't that different from a career perspective. Richards at his best (2004) is as good as Elias at his best (2001). Can you really see seperation from a tier like Richards from Elias? I just don't think he's at that HHOF tier but rather a notch below. He'll be in a Propp, Richards, Lecavalier, Tonelli, etc. type of group. Which is fine, but not a group I put in the HHOF.
3rd in scoring, 9th in scoring. Same difference I guess.

I actually don't think Brad Richards in the HHOF is that absurd, but at this point, he'd have to compile himself there and I find it unlikely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
Elias doesn’t seem all that different from Alfredsson, to be honest.

--Both will likely have 1,000+ points with one franchise when all is said and done. That's an impressive feat for a low-scoring era. (I'm assuming Elias plays a couple more seasons, but this should be doable.)

--Both have three top-10 scoring finishes. (Elias is currently on pace for a fourth and would very likely have had a fifth had he not contracted hepatitis in 2005.)

--Both are massively respected players who were excellent defensively and performed well in the playoffs. Elias has a better Cup record but he also had more help. Alfredsson gets a boost because he was a captain and the face of a Canadian franchise for more than a decade.

Dunno, I'd put 'em both in. Especially if Elias gets another top-15 scoring finish this year.
Agreed that Elias and Alfredsson are similar... and both will get in.

TheDevilMadeMe is offline   Reply With Quote