View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Propane Nightmares
Like a rock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Tv is subjective, however The Might Boosh is one of the worst TV shows i've ever seen. Noel Fielding is the an abomination of a comedian. It's a niche show.

British TV is incredibly poor. The majority of my friends and myself don't watch British TV. I'm definitely a snob, but British TV is basically the perpetuation of abysmal reality TV, rehashed comedy shows and mediocre detective shows.

Most British comedy is currently slapstick nonsense, or the attempted rehashing of the Inbetweeners in a marginally different format. Shows like Fresh meat are incredibly ordinary.

Top Gear was excellent, but the past few seasons are pretty medicore, outside of road trips they all do together, which seem far more natural (if still very scripted).

Doctor Who is an abomination of a show.

Peep show is excellent, and there are a variety of excellent comedy shows from the early 2000's (Coupling for instance). However, British TV today is by and large awful.

I don't doubt American TV is similar, but at least it has some shows of undoubted quality. Shows like Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, early seasons of Lost, The Wire etc infinitely beat any drama series on British television.

Edit ; there are watchable panel shows, although the best of those is now pretty bad due to the loss of Boyle.
I knew it was only a matter of time before you would show up and ruin the thread for everyone

- ixcuincle
Propane Nightmares is offline   Reply With Quote