View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 01:59 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
That's a terrible argument. You tweak/adapt your system to get results with what you have. This isn't the blue jackets or flames, there are plenty of quality players that just aren't performing. And I absolutely blame the terrible starts on Laviolette cause this has been a problem since he was coach. When Richards was here and the team played like crap (not this bad but not a full 60 most games either) people were saying how we wasn't a good captain or that there was a problem in the locker room with Pronger or a relationship problem with the coach. Since the problem started (when Lavy was hired) the majority of the team has changed. Who is left? Hartnell, G, Briere, Kimmo, Coburn and Mez. You really think one of them is the problem or it just so happens that the guys who wouldn't come out hard where eventually shipped out or let go were replaced with guys who don't play a full 60/are unmotivated most nights? Laviolette is the common denominator
So you're completely willing to dismiss Homer's inability to build a team for his coach based on the premise that Lavy should just be able to tweak his system? Bull****. Lavy's system was a proven winner in Carolina and he's had success in both Long Island and Philadelphia. If he was given the pieces to succeed on the defense in particular, I guarantee this team wouldn't be looking at missing the playoffs.

I'm not even a Lavy defender most of the time, but this dude just takes way too much **** based on things that are completely out of his control.