View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 03:07 PM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
It will play a part in what his agent wants Zajac .59 ppg career Gagner .60 thats how agents compare contracts , they use similar player production as a benchmark. If Gagner averages a ppg this season were not getting him for 4 mill wont happen. Look what Grabo in Toronto signed for. Like I said recent Contracts will be used not a contract Thornton signed years ago.And what Devils gave Zajac was retarded and 8 years to boot and is going to hurt other teams trying to get players signed.
Right, but his agent can't point to #1 centers and demand he gets paid like one. The only option is to look at other 2nd line centers and go from there.

I don't disagree that he will likely look to cash in this year. Not one bit. But if he and his agent decide to sit there and pull an O'Reilly or a Subban he knows where he can go and I will not feel bad having him sit out either.

This team can not afford Gagner at anything near 5M a year. If he gets $4.5 I'd consider it a failure on Tambo's part. If he gets 4 then that's perfect for what he brings.

Worse comes to worst we can package Hemsky and Gagner together and see who's willing to fill our 2nd line center need.