Thread: Speculation: Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Hallenback View Post
I think they want to be careful. That probably means they felt they didn't have the guys in place in Europe that they could trust just yet.

I think they want guys with high end work ethics,good leaders and play with a bit of toughness in their game. I think they are looking at some of there euro guys in the minors and not liking what they are seeing.

I guess if it comes down to Lindholm and Monahan at their draft position I think they draft Monahan because of those things the Jets Value right now.
I agree, Joe.

I think Monahan would be their choice if its between Lindholm and Monahan.

Imo, Lindholm is a terrific two-way player that is a bit smaller (than Monahan) and may lack a true goal scorer's touch. His hockey IQ and compete level is a real strength, but he will likely be a pass first player in NHL. Played with the right linemates, that might be ok. He'd likely be great in colorado, replacing O'Reilly's spot with fellow Swede Landeskog.

Monahan seems to be the type of player TNSE likes. Is big, smart, hard working kid, plays a solid two-way game, and is a leader for his team with great character. Hard to know where Monahan's scoring ceiling (or floor) is. Not flashy, just solid. Likely less risk with Monahan.