View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Yeah I would have been all in favor of getting Gagne a few years ago but it's starting to look like it's the end of the road for him. Too many injuries.

If Bourque is out long-term and the price is very cheap, I'd do it. Otherwise, pass.
i've only seen 1 game of his this year, and despite being on the 4th line, he looked to be moving well, doesn't seem like the sports hernia & foot issues from a few years back took much away from his skating.

i wouldn't let the stats this year, or the fact that D.Sutter isn't a fan, give the wrong impression... we obviously wouldn't be getting the 30-40 goal Gagne from his prime (nor would it be worth the assets to try to get that player), but he's always been a very solid 2-way player, and his style of game/skating/hands would complement Plekanec better than anyone we're currently lining him up with imo.

the key is that he wouldn't cost much, and while he is a UFA, given the circumstances i think there would be a very good chance of re-signing him at a very reasonable price should he come here and play well...

if he underwhelms, then at worst he's solid veteran depth during for the playoffs (or gets injured again)