Thread: Prospect Info: Mikael Granlund V
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Gaps

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I think it's a bit odd that Granlund was seemingly guaranteed a spot on the roster but not so much in terms of his place within it. Every other call-up has immediately played over him. Not too sure how to look into that but I think it certainly raises eyebrows that Yeo doesn't seem to really buy into him. It's especially curious when this team struggles immensely with possession and Granlund is one of the best on the roster, even more so projecting forward.
What baffles me is why you'd actually guarantee a prospect a spot in the lineup, especially one who's playing his first season in NA. Because he's an early pick? Because he's been overhyped by the organization? Why would you do that if your objective is to build a successful team? You need competition to succeed. Did they promise him a spot with the Wild because sending him down would be a PR disaster? Or is there another reason we're not aware of?

Granlund is not the kind of a kid to behave like a diva and demand a guaranteed spot, so obviously someone else (or maybe even several parties) really wants to keep him there.