View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke the Legend View Post
Is every 1st liner with longevity from a good team gonna get in now?
Blame Joe Nieuwendyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Their playoff performances were a lot closer than their regular season performances. 3rd in a pretty good year for forwards vs 3 way tie for 9th (with fewer goals than Lang and more games than Tanguay) in a crappy year for forwards - that's a pretty big difference.
Fine, but a 26 point and 7 GWG playoff performance is nothing to sneeze at. The point I am trying to make is that Elias is nothing special from his era. He is ranked around many players that I wouldn't want to see get in there. Now, he probably would deserve it more than Goring, but I don't believe it means he should deserve it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Elias and Alfredsson are probably the only long-term forwards from their teams to make it, unless Spezza really picks up the pace. MAYBE Hossa will, but I think he's still seen as something of a mercenary right now.

Edit: I mean... seriously, what's the argument for Sundin getting in first ballot and Alfredsson never getting in? Elias at least needs to compile a few more years, but is there a reason to think Alfredsson doesn't get in eventually if he retires at the end of this season?
Sundin had consistency that is rarely seen in this league. Think Mike Gartner but a better player. You know a player had a great career when you can't even figure out when their peak was. Sundin was just always a point a game player. I wouldn't say there isn't a case for Alfredsson, but I don't see him as the better player over Sundin all-time.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote