Thread: B-Sens 2012-2013 Season Thread
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 03:41 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post

That's because tickets are only $6..wait til they have to pay near $20 for AHL hockey..

Utica's main source of employment came by the way of Utica Club brewery way back when, crap beer but cheap..

Edit;check that, they're still around today producing Saranac
Yeah basically anything coming from Utica is crap and cheap. I don't recall the exact price when I went to Prowlers' games I don't recall paying $20 and people quickly stopped going to those games too. I think UC has a lot more support because it is a college with an obligated fan base with the students. Also, looking at the roster I see Horseheads, Clinton, Buffalo, New Hartford among the locations so I'd bet that plays a role in neighboring townships like Clinton and New Hartford where people actually pay attention to hockey.

I'm not trying to be contradictory but I just think this is a huge mistake. Utica doesn't deserve the benefits of a hockey team and the Flames AHL team doesn't deserve to be dragged through Utica's problems.