View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 03:45 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
We should really expect nothing. Check the upcoming UFA forwards out there and see how many fit into our team. Nearly all the ones who do play for teams fighting us for a playoff spot. Prospal may be a good fit but he has an NMC.

Then we have A-Mart coming back, and when we make the playoffs Greene will too. Maybe we'll get another defenseman but I'm pretty comfortable with Ellerby.

It's hard for the team to make deals because as things stand right now, next season's (and once Brown is signed long-term again, all in the future) cap situation will be cutting it close.
I think any moves to be made on the defense depends on greene. He was suposed to be out 6 -8 weeks and this was from the end of jan which puts it in late to end of march. Now if hes going to be back then i dont see any moves for the defense. However i belive i read that dean stated that hes opporating with the assumption that they are out for the year and if he comes back all the better. Now if dean thinks we need it there is always the buyout option for anyone we pick up. We can do 2 so its possible we dont worry about the cap next year as much .

Personally i see a upgrade to the wings more then anything I would love to see iggy here. what we give im not sure. Without gagne now theres more then enuff room to get him earlier then the deadline. Im not so worryed about brown resigning i belive mitchell and greene come off at the same time. there will be money left over.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote