View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Tinalera

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Ya, I dont know TL, but it just seems implausible logistically, from an executional standpoint to sell the team to Seattle upon conclusion of this season and then expect them to turn it all around and on a dime? Quebec strikes me as being the only destination where that could be accomplished successfully.

Winnipeg had to go flat-out from the end of May to October after acquiring the Thrashers, and they had an AHL infrastructure and by that time game-ready arena pretty much ready to go. Im pretty sure Seattle gets its wish, an NBA franchise, step one, but to include what will be effectively a full-on expansion team along with?

And playing at Key, thats seriously problematical IMO. Still, with an $80M "top up" (if Hansen lands an NHL franchise as well as an NBA team Seattle kicks in $80M more to defray construction costs) awaiting any ownership group from the city, anythings possible.

Absolutely no idea what the NHL's thinking here, what they'll do. Both QC & Seattle have pluses & minuses, be it relocation or expansion, however if true the NHL has absolutely no plans to expand, as in absolutely not, then maybe Hamilton or Markhams in play as well. Maximum relocation & indemnification fee's charged. Im at a loss, just an exercise in futility trying to figure that lot out.
QC has the Colisee, so the playing isnt the issue-but they'd be playing as a "West Coast" team if Bettman refused to budge on Yotes location, and I there would be understandable consternation from QC fans about that (mind you, hey could you imagine La Belle Province with a Montreal/QC Stanley Cup Final? Oh my....)

That's why the Yotes situation is so intriguing-the only other option (currently from what I see) is NHL runs the Yotes "free" for the next 3 years and then relocates to QC/Seattle/Markham and/or expasion or combination. But the question is who/what runs the Yotes for the next 3 years if they stay put?

The thought of this saga going on ANOTHER 3 years though...oyyyyyyy