View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Holdurbreathe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Not sure I understand this. How does he become a UFA at 21? The Isles will retain his rights for quite some time as far as I can tell. He already signed and can not re-enter the draft. That ship sailed a few years ago.

Nino's trade value is going to be low really only based on a lack of interest. If no one else is interested in trading for him, and he doesn't want to be there, the Sens are in a good position. But I doubt there are a lack of suitors. As such, Snow will (and should) demand fair value. The Isles aren't going anywhere this year anyway, so not having him right now doesn't create any urgency.

Bishop for Nino would make sense for the Sens, but I'm not sure that is the deal Snow will want to do.
Sorry I guess my post wasn't clear, the post was in response to the Isles taking a tough stance and punishing Nino for asking to be traded. I was suggesting that approach could prove costly in regards to future draftees.

I wasn't suggesting Nino could reenter the draft or that the Islanders wouldn't maintain his NHL rights. Though Nino could play in Europe at the expiration of his contract if he so desired.

What Snow might want for Nino I choose not to enter that debate. GMs always want the moon and stars, yet usually settle for a lot less.