View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 04:55 PM
anleva

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Some of those are blocked at work. Do they have numbers when it extends out to 3 or 4 rounds? I'd be interested in seeing those.

On reason that 2 stars look way worse is because almost anybody who ends up playing at a FBS level gets assigned a two star. If they used the 1 star or no star rankings you would see half as many 2 stars a year. And like I said with the 3*, many bigger programs have all 3*+ simply because they were recruited by a big school.
Those particular draft studies were just for the first round. There may be some others out there that go deeper.

Your point about stars being added based on someone committing to a big school is spot on. I notice that as well. And it isn't always any big BCS school, often just the typical football elite. But sometimes just looking at the offer list should tell you what how many stars they should have as enough recruiters with strong player evaluation reputations have evaluated that player and given them an offer.

Stars and rankings are not an exact science by any means, and there are always good players who are underanked or unranked and fall through the cracks and highly ranked players who bust, but a pretty good correlation across a large sample for future player and team success.