View Single Post
02-26-2013, 04:56 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Because I do. Watching a group of 16,000 fans sit there in silence is really depressing and awkward. Ask anybody who has played hockey whether they'd rather play in front of an energetic, noisy crowd who cheers them on or thousands of people being dead silent.

Ask those guys if it matters. They play in front of 5-10 relatives in an empty, silent rink most nights of their lives.

Nobody said anything about an arbitrary amount of "cheering" you should do, but if the only time you cheer the team on is when you're reacting to a goal for then you're not doing enough.

The fact that I have to explain to hockey fans that fan atmosphere matters and is important absolutely blows my mind.
If you're this worked up about it why don't you buy season and go cheer every game? Lead by example rather than point fingers. The video you are showing is pretty irrelevant. No one is arguing that a more intense atmosphere will lead to better play, but at the same time you can't expect the fans to be rah-rah none stop game in and game out when were in 29th and losing 4-0 to the islanders. Show me one fan base that has an intense atmosphere game in game out year after year after year. There isn't one

LGB24 is online now   Reply With Quote