Old
02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Holden Caulfield
Global Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
I think it really depends on the talent level of the two guys. I don't know too many of these players at all, but if the Russian guy has a noticeably higher skill level, take him Russian or not IMO. We have three second rounders (I believe) so we'll be able to restock the cupboards regardless.

Our depth stinks at C and RW, but that's more that we're missing high end guys. Radulov is the only top six Russian I can think of that straight up bolted for the KHL after he was RFA. And i think that was because Nashville didn't want to give him a big deal right away (what O'Reilly wants, what Kane and Benn got). If this guy is as good as Kuznetzov and Tarasenko, or even better I don't care. Let him come over when he's 21 and then we plan the parade lol
Radulov was not Rfa when he left he was still under his elc. His bolting is what in the end prompted the NHL and Khl to sign moa.

Teams have a better idea of if players will come over, if jets take a Russian I'm sure they know the player and have an idea of his mindset.