View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 05:16 PM
The Big Giant Head

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't disregard your logic. I use the same when discussing Hickey with Kingsfan. That the Kings value size above all else, and therefore they believe keeping Muzzin is more essential than keeping Hickey.

I just disagree in this sense at the forward position. I think we are overvaluing size all round. We are already one of the biggest teams in the league, and I don't think, in this case, we should be giving up production for size. Gagne is twice as productive as Penner, and it might be worth foregoing a little size for production here or there.

The "right" players are subjective, and distracting to our relative goal. We've all voiced similar opinions over the years looking for a goal scorer. Needing a little bit more skill over being a perfect Lombardian role player.

Gagne = 45 GP 7G 22P +1
Penner = 94 GP 10G 26P -8

Gagne produces the same in nearly half the games. He is twice as productive.
im not saying i didnt like the guy, cause i really do. im sad to see him go and i wish things would have worked out better for him here. He was twice as productive as Penner but hes being paid 3x as much...at his cap hit he should be putting more up on the board. DL did the man a favor and sent him to Philly, which is where he belongs. I think his heart will be more invested in Philly than any other team in the league and hopefully he starts netting the puck again.

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote