View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Rangerette

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by webnogg View Post
Ah, the trash talking is starting already! That's ok, I'll just make sure my wife brings her John Carlson jersey...no bad memories there, right?

In truth, I'm in awe of how crazy Canada goes for this tournament, and how many of you guys travel the globe for it. It'll be our first time at a World Jrs, and many of my hockey friends just don't understand why we're going. Too bad for them. I can't wait!

As far as New Year's Eve, the USA/Canada game is a 5:30pm start. Assuming the game will be over by 8 or 8:30pm, it'll be relatively early. Do any locals have suggestions for what to do or where to go that night? Does Malmo have a NYE celebration, or does it make more sense to take the train to Copenhagen for the evening/night? Any specific bars where a bunch of hockey fans could walk in a few hours before midnight and be welcome?
Hey THANK YOU for the summary. Really, really helpful. My husband is ordering tickets tomorrow. You are right that it is getting slim - front rows or corners/ends. Bright side is that if we choose the end zones it will be even cheaper!

Your comment about the trash talking made me laugh. I *almost* said in that message something about hanging out with Americans on New Years Eve after Canada beats the USA in the game :-). So yes, let the trash talking begin! I think we will get along very well and will have a lot of fun! I am looking forward to meeting other crazy hockey fans...

Would love to hear from locals about where we can hang out on NYE. In Buffalo, there was a "First night" thing downtown, but it was outside and we really don't go for freezing our butts off outside in the middle of the night :-). But a bar or something would work quite well!

Rangerette is offline   Reply With Quote