View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

vCash: 500
I don't really know what to say on this one... I understand that we get more cap flexibility since Ryder is not only does have a 3.5 cap hit compared to Cole's 4.5 but he'll also be a UFA at the end of the year. I also get the fact that with Gionta showing signs of age, we needed a new sniper that's a righty because our PP is running out of options. There's so much you can do with having your entire PP based on your player's at the point so having a right handed sniper mixes it up since Gionta is not a solid enough option anymore. Another thing is that the first thing people were worried about when the Cole signing was first announced was the term, 4 years seemed a lot for a 33 year old power forward who plays a style of play that's really hard on the body. I think Bergevin pulled a trigger a year too early on a deal like this, I think Cole's critics (along with Gionta's) have been overblown (He hit 2-3 posts this season which would give him 7 goals instead of 4) and I thought that he was starting to play good with Eller and Galchenyuk. Like others have probably mentionned, we also got smaller in this trade and Cole is the type of guy who thrives against teams like Boston because not only is he big but he's also FAST. The only satisfaction I get out of this trade is the 3rd round pick from Dallas, hopefully it's for this year's draft...