View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 06:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
Mackinnons work ethic is just as advanced, he never coasts. Macs playmaking is very good, but less than Dru's. Dru's shot is good, but not as good/accurate as Mac's. Drouin has great speed, but has some difficulty when shifting directions suddenly, cannot keep his top speed, Mac can.

Basically, the reason they click so well are those differences. Both their games will translate very well to the pros. Their draft positions depend on team needs at this point. Mac may make the NHL sooner than Drouin....but more likely is both play next season.

If the habs had to choose between the two, I would lean to mackinnon over drouin.... but its a tough call and its personal preference at this point.

I've watched about 40 games for each now so I am not just going off highlight reels here.
MacKinnon's playmaking will not translate in the NHL. He can make plays on the way to the net but he doesn't have that 6th sense of where everybody is on the ice like great playmakers. He has a tendancy to drop his head and try to bull his way to the net or beat guys 1 on 1, which won't work very often in the NHL at his size.

Team Canada has had issues with MacKinnon's attitude the last 2 tournaments he has played(Ivan Hlinka and WJHC). He's pouted when things didn't go his way offensively and did stuff that's hurt the team and pissed off teammates. maybe he'll grow out of that but it is a factor.