View Single Post
02-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Just a Fool
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
Are they making Kunitz and Dupuis 100 point guys? I think not, that was the question.
Yes, I think so or close to it.

Let's also ignore that Sakic, Forsberg, Lindros, Kariya and his team mate Jagr played in the 60-high 60 game range as well.
When did ANY of these guys come close to Mario's level???
Are the games they missed going to make up that gap?

Well at least someone is noticing the league was different eh?
There's a difference between noticing a different and completely exaggerating it my friend.
Tell though, what's your argument 95/96 exactly?
There's only 26 teams so the League is looking good in the talent per capita department and the League is completely integrated now.
So what happens?
Mario blows them ALL away, including Jagr, who in turn, will go on to leave everyone else in the League in his dust for most of the next decade.

no one, not Mario or Wayne is getting the 150-160 points you referred to earlier in this thread and certainly not replacing Crosby on that Pittsburgh team with that lineup.
That's your opinion, it's not even remotely a fact. You have absolutely nothing to back it up.
I have guys like Jagr and Sakic. Guys that couldn't tie prime Mario's or Gretzky's skate laces offensively, being among the best the League has in the early 2000's. What's more, they're only winning these titles by a handful more points than a post 35, with a bad back Gretzky got a few years previous.
I have a past his prime Mario making the League look like peewee in 2001.

A prime Mario or Gretzky destroys the League in any era, period!
Seriously, you would have to be a complete moron (literal sense) to say otherwise.
Every piece of actual evidence and player comparison points to it.