View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 07:49 PM
MuchoMacho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by david999 View Post
You do remember that Boston changed their fortunes when they dressed Thorton in the playoffs winning the Cup? Did it occur to you Carlyle has been increasing the ice time of his tougher players to likely prepare them for ice time in the playoffs? I don't see Carlyle changing his regular season philosophy for the playoffs.
Just look at the 06/07 ducks, Carlyle iced Parros in 5 games in the playoffs out of 20 where he averaged 3:49 during those games. Shawn Thornton had his minutes cut in half, from 8 minutes to 4 minutes. Brad May had his minutes cut from 10 minutes to 7:20. Both Brad May and Shawn Thornton are much better hockey players than Orr, McClared and Brown.

For Boston Shawn Thornton was benched for 7 games during their run. During the regular season he averaged 10 minutes over 79 games and then played 7 minutes in the playoffs. A reduced roll, albeit not as dramatic. However like I said Shawn Thornton is a more capable player than Orr, McClaren or Brown.

I don't think Carlyle is slowly increasing their minutes in some master plan to get them ready for the playoffs. I think Orr hustled hard, scored a goal and won a couple big fights so Randy Carlyle rewarded him with extra minutes. Nothing more, nothing less.

MuchoMacho is offline   Reply With Quote