View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I think the rivalry potential is Minnesota. You have Craig 'Mismanagement' Leipold and Ryan Suter.

Secondly, and for the Atlanta transplants; Winnipeg. They represent everything that Nashville fans hate; the south not deserving hockey so we must 'liberate' said teams to Canada. If there was any team that would represent what Preds Fans feel about certain members of the Northern Fanbase it is Winnipeg.

Colorado, Not sure about, there seems to be no connection. And with this proposal this should kill any chance of Nashville getting ROR.

From what I see, the Preds are trading the bottom half of the Central for the middle of the NW. A very good trade for the Preds since they have a 34-15-9 record against these teams in the past 3 years.

I'm trying to look at this from what was lost and what was won.

What was lost:

Main rival: Detroit. We finally become Detroit's 'rising monster' and they run tail to the easier east. A generation has past since Nashville came into the scene and the team has already won the kids of the Detroit auto workers. The true victory has been won.

Columbus: What could have been our 'Rising Monster'. i won't lie, Columbus scares the hell out of me. They set a Predators like foundation but unlike Nashville they most likely will have a #1 pick to set up their 1st line. (And maybe a #2 as well.)

Financially; a small loss. Yes, it would have been nice to have those Detroit games to push the ticket prices up but for Nashville to grow we have to out grow Detroit. The Preds are currently doing that. The Preds are a better team on the ice and we have a better attendance percentage.

There is still the top of the old central to deal with (CHI, STL) but instead of depending on a lot of CBJ wins, the team will depend on a lot of MIN, COL, DAL wins.
This Winnipeg fans were some of the worst when Baldsilly was trying to more the Preds. They had no sympathy for fans losing their team yet cried for years about losing theirs.

It's time for us to move on from the Wings. The city has moved on from the expansion years when the arena was was 75% red for the Wings to being nothing but a few drunken idiots left cheering for the Wings.

There was never a rivalry with the Jackets after MacLean left. I actually want to cheer for them without any guilt.

I loathe Liarpold and $uter worse than Khan Noonien Singh does Captain Kirk.

so yeah the Mild will be rivals

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote