View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:00 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatali View Post
I don't know how you can leave out the DET trade of a washed up Ferderko and Tony Mckegny for Adam Oates. This is the one ill remember as the best trade. The Hull trade, while giving STL a new arena and a crap ton of money, gave away the cup to CAL. Those parts wouldn't have brought the cup here but giving it to CAL always seems to make the Hull trade lesser.
Yeah that was imbalanced value BUT the Oates trade didn't have anywhere near the impact that the Hull trade did. Oates was in St. Louis for fewer than three seasons and forced a Pronger-type get-anything-you-can massive downgrade to Soft Janney. Oates is also a true POS, quit on the team and fans, and I'm glad he never got his hands on the Cup. I actually had to root for the Devils in 2003 so as to avoid Oates or Steve Thomas ever getting their names on the Cup.

I might even rank the Mellanby for David Morriset trade as a better trade than the Oates trade. Mellanby played for more than three seasons in St. Louis and definitely had an impact on the top line, often its best player.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote