View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
KevyD
Make It 30!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
I know this has probably been said repeatedly over and over again. But...

Crosby
Stamkos
Toews
Tavares

...holy ****!!! (Pardon my language )
Forgot to mention Giroux - who you could argue was one of the best 3 players in the NHL last year. The most offensively talented team since the 76 Canada Cup. And to think, 20 years ago, we had a Hockey Summit based on the fear that would could not produce players who could score. Now we need one for goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOB View Post
It always makes me smile when so many posters equate talented individuals with a gold medal. In a short tournament such as this, with little to no preparation time, having the most talented players is no where near equal to having a group of players that can quickly gel as a team and execute a system to perfection.

The most talented team at the recent W.J.C. was not the gold medal winning team (the U.S.) but the 4th place non-medal team whose players sported a maple leaf logo.

Do not count the U.S. out because what USA Hockey has been showing over the past few years (since 2010) is that it can assemble a team whose players, while certainly not the best, can however,compete and win against the best when it matters.
When you're right, you're right.

Last edited by KevyD: 02-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.