View Single Post
02-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Leaving/Goodbye All
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
I know this has probably been said repeatedly over and over again. But...

...holy ****!!! (Pardon my language )
Forgot to mention Giroux - who you could argue was one of the best 3 players in the NHL last year. The most offensively talented team since the 76 Canada Cup. And to think, 20 years ago, we had a Hockey Summit based on the fear that would could not produce players who could score. Now we need one for goalies.

Originally Posted by VOB View Post
It always makes me smile when so many posters equate talented individuals with a gold medal. In a short tournament such as this, with little to no preparation time, having the most talented players is no where near equal to having a group of players that can quickly gel as a team and execute a system to perfection.

The most talented team at the recent W.J.C. was not the gold medal winning team (the U.S.) but the 4th place non-medal team whose players sported a maple leaf logo.

Do not count the U.S. out because what USA Hockey has been showing over the past few years (since 2010) is that it can assemble a team whose players, while certainly not the best, can however,compete and win against the best when it matters.
When you're right, you're right.

Last edited by OttawaRoughRiderFan*: 02-26-2013 at 08:20 PM.