View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:27 PM
jiggsawpuzzle35

vCash: 500
Nothing against the people of New England, but it is a joke that there is 5 AHL teams within 2 hours of one another. I went to a Whales game last year and there were only 3,000 fans there and the atmosphere was that of a funeral home. I don't understand why there is a team in Springfield and Hartford. Providence and Bridgeport attract well but Connecticut, Springfield and Worcester are right there at the bottom of league attendance. I'm sure the league does this to cut cost down on travel, but you gotta start moving teams to the west like Las Vegas, Ontario CA, and San Diego. Your market is saturated with too many teams and that's why attendance sucks. My wife grew up going to a ton of Wolf Pack games but since she's moved out to California in 2002, she's only been to 1 or 2 Whale games since then when we visit her family. Again nothing against the hardcore fans, but teams like Connecticut, Worcester, and Springfield should move. It's also a joke the Connecticut Sun of the WNBA draw better. Has anyone actually been to Uncasville? That town is a dump and yet more people go there than Hartford.

jiggsawpuzzle35 is offline   Reply With Quote