View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I don't know how the Avs rank the BPA between the forwards and D in this draft, but unless O'Reilly brings back a center, and the Avs miss out on Jones or McKinnon, I feel like the circumstances are so dire with Stastny's deal expiring soon, that picking a center like Monahan may outweigh the BPA approach. If he's not the BPA anyway that is, I haven't seen enough to tell, but he's ranked behind a few guys right now.

That's also if it's close, not if they think a guy like Barkov or Drouin is gonna be a superstar, and Monahan will never approach anything resembling Couturier.

Monahan could slip like Couturier did too. Especially since he won't be showcasing himself in the playoffs with the 67's being last place in the league.

Not sure if I'm misreading your post but Barkov is a center and much better than Monahan. If he's there when we pick the Avs should be all over that, and Lindholm after that. I am kind of curious as to whether we legitimately scout Europe enough - depending where we finish this season, we might find out how strong the Avs CHL bias is.

@ Freudian, I'm pretty sure Nichushkin's deal is for 2 more years after this one.