View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think you're scapegoating by blaming the coaching staff. If theres one thing where the fault lies mostly with the staff, its the powerplay. But the other parts of the game, including the system? No. If you buy into that, you're ignoring several outlying factors at play here which include no training camp, the high amount of turnover at forward, and players just simply off to a bad start.

Torts' system is not rocket science. In a nutshell, it revolves around playing hard, forechecking hard, winning battles, and playing responsible defensive hockey. These are tenants that shouldnt be altered or changed. Torts guided this team to its best finish in nearly 20 years. Hes put an end to the days where the inmates ran the asylum, and Im thankful for that. If players arent going to buy into his principles, they simply wont play, and thats fine with me.
That's a bit of a contradiction, don't you think? First talking about a lack of a full camp and some turnover, and then stating the system isn't rocket science (thereby implying it should be a somewhat easy and straightforward system to learn and adapt to).

From what I've seen so far this year, there are a dozen guys on the roster who aren't playing hard. Can't exactly sit half the team.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote