View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
Love your optimism, but the reality is that we were picked as favorites for the Cup, and the reality is that even with Nash, McD back ,and maybe if MDZ can play like he did earlier in the season, we're not as good as Boston, Pitt, Chicago and several other teams. We have far too many non-NHLers on the roster, and Miller and Kreider belong in Hartford learning the game (I like both as prospects, but Miller seems unused to the pace of the game even though he shows some good instincts, and Kreider needs to get back to what we saw in the playoffs last year, and he ain't goin' to do it playing with Brandon Mashinter and /or Boyle).

I really think we should begin to look to next year. And I agree we need to buy out Richards in the off season, and maybe trade Gaborik at the deadline for prospects/picks. And trade Bickel, Boyle and a 5th for nobody. It would be an improvement.
I agree with most of this. The prospects belong in Hartford. A cup this year is unrealistic but all we have to do is make the playoffs and see what happens.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote