View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:38 PM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
From our recent Prospect Camp invites, I'd keep my eyes on Troy Grosenick and Andrew Bathgate. Those are two that could/should earn contracts from someone. Bell and Dane Fox are givens to be drafted/signed.

Nikita Zaitsev has the talent to be a good prospect, but he probably won't leave Russia. Tomas Klima is another talented player. Barclay Goodrow and Brandon Devlin will probably get AHL deals.
My thoughts:
Grosenick: HELL YES!!! (NHL Contract)
Bathgate: Pretty solid right now, but start out small in pros (AHL Contract)
Bell: HELL YES!!! (draft or NHL Contract)
Fox: Definition of sparkplug!! Intensity level is there. Mini Sean Avery I guess you can say (draft or NHL Contract)
Zaitsev: Good size, good shot, has already been to 2 NYR prospect camps and left Russia to do so (NHL/AHL Contract)
Klima: Don't really know anything about him. Care to share? (N/A)
Goodrow: Doing well and is captain of the Brampton Battalion. (AHL Contract although I do feel he could snag an NHL deal somewhere)
Devlin: Played like crap in Windsor, turned things around in Peterborough (AHL/ECHL Contract)

I would personally pass on Bathgate, Goodrow, and Devlin. Zaitsev is ehhh. I'm completely fine with Grosenick, Bell, and Fox. (again don't know Klima)