View Single Post
Old
12-19-2003, 10:36 PM
WuRtZLeSs

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
1)If Burke is really stupid enough to have dealt picks to Nashville for a player who needed to clear waivers, he is a very giant tool.
2)Since I don't think Burke is quite that stupid, I'm betting the Preds get nothing.
3)"Future Considerations" has ended up being squat later in countless deals-so it's not something new.
4)If you think the pick after being claimed off waivers is going to be as high as a 6th rounder-you are dreaming.

That's my take on this mess anyways. I just cannot see Burke being retarded enough to deal assets for waiver-wire calibre players.

EDIT-if anything, the Preds will receive a bit of cash. IMO.
Perhaps the most crucial part of a trade is the exchange of one thing for another. The last I check, there indeed was a trade between the Canucks and Preds, you'll admit to that much - correct? Do you honestly think the Pred's would give up Brookbank for nothing, much less to a conference opponent? They could've tried waiving him themselves, and received compensation. It's not like Brookbank wouldn't have been welcomed in the Pred's system.

The Preds will either get cash or a pick, or a little of both. To say the Pred's eagerly gave Brookbank to the Canucks for nothing is stupid.

Don't worry, future considerations don't translate into Naslund.

Take a deep breath.