View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 10:57 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzz View Post
Never heard of talent issues on these boards Are you people trying to kill the dead horse?

The team was missing 3 of their top-6 forwards and top defensive pair. The goalie had an off night. They've got a point. They're not gonna win the Cup this year. Life goes on.
I never said they were going to win the cup.

As pointed out before, Ottawa has their top 3 players out and they continue to win with a bunch of no name players. That team is pretty much a bunch of no names and a 40 year old Daniel Alfredsson. As someone who attends probably 3/4 of the home games in person this season and watches all of the others on TV, I appreciate the effort but is getting frustrated by the lack of NHL level talent. I like what the missing players bring to the team in leadership and effort but even they were not adding to the scoresheet consistently.

The team flat out needs people who bring it every night AND can put the puck in the net. Just 1 or 2 people like that could have turned some of these close, frustrating 1 goal losses into a few 1 goal wins. In all of February, subtracting 2 games with empty netters, only 2 losses have been decided by more than 1 goal and both of them were decided by only 2 goals. That is 8 losses by essentially a 1 goal margin in February. All of them after February 7. Just a bit more scoring talent from somebody could have made 1/2 of those a 1 goal victory and the CBJ could be talking playoffs instead of yet another high draft pick.

I understand the whole building blocks and building this team slowly the right way but I can smell this team is getting close to being a legitimate and relavent team with just another piece or 2 to the puzzle.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote