View Single Post
Old
12-19-2003, 11:53 PM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Kastsitsyn is certainly worthy of putting on the CH in the not so distant future. In a few years, a guy drafted in the 7th round could turn out to be the best player for all we know

Kasty though is a great pick IMHO... I had this really odd dream last year (I was supporting to pick Steve Bernier before this dream) then out of nowhere, I had this dream of Kasty not being able to be stopped in a habs jersey (scored a 5 goal game in my dream!! ) The crowd went nuts!

Incidently, this is the second guy we drafted in the first round who's pure talent warrented a higher pick (the other being Mike Komisarek).

Add to this the canadiens doctor staff is around the tops in the NHL. We have players coming to town for our doctors (they have very tremendous reputations). If they say Kasty's game will not be affected by his attacks, I believe them... On top of this, he is 18 years old, and has been expected to run a country's Junior team since he was 16... This guy is pure gamebreaker... I have heard some wonderful comparisons... But Carter, who is not a bad player, simply does not have that extra gear Kastsitsyn has (or at least he has yet to show it)... An example was last year's U-18 WJC... when Kasty ripped the Canadien team for 3 goals, and upset them... Keep in mind that U-18 team had a lot of good players on the team... Belarus had Kasty and Zakharov.

Remember this quote: (THN's quote on Zakharov)

"He got 16 points in the U-18 tournament, but anybody could have gotten 16 points when Andrei Kastsitsyn is setting you up".