Thread: Trade Rumors
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:31 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Why would we get yet another third pairing dman though? I mean we are overloaded with 4/6 dmen right now and with DDVVRS and AM as our top 4 we are more than set for our bottom 2.

If WM becomes truly LTIR (rest of season and maybe more) then we would need to target his replacement which would have to be a solid 2/3 guy. Hainsey isn't close to that and really neither is Regher.

Jaybo isn't close to what we would need either. To me, there really are only a handful of guys I would consider as viable replacements for WM and I believe he will be back before making this kind of deal would be of any benefit to us.

While I wouldn't rule out a deal, I just don't see the need for us to make one all things considered.

Adding a top 2/3 guy who can eat 20plus minutes a game and be a stalwart on D for us would cost a ton and then we face the issue of what to do when WM gets back. I would rather we wait until the deadline and see what's what (if we actually need a dman etc) or until the offseason when we will have found out the status of WM for certain before we do anything.