View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Qyburn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I like Backstrom a lot, but Smith and Emery should be no and no. Any goalie PHX plugs into their system will be good, and Emery is a product of a great team.
Exactly my thoughts 100%. And Emery hasn't really been that impressive at all. Throw out his 8 games this year obviously. That leaves last year, 2.81. Sounds like the same old Emery to me.

I don't think anyone can say for sure about Smith but that's the way I'm leaning. His numbers for Tampa were awful, I don't know what that poster was talking about. I followed him closely then when he was right on the cusp of fantasy relevance. Overall though I'll include him as a viable option.

And I didn't know Nabokov's contract was expiring. I'd definitely add him as a 3rd option. Whatever team effects Chicago and Phoenix have on their goalies, the Islanders could have the opposite effect on him. Chicago=flat out loaded, Phoenix=phenomenal defensive system, Islanders=cursed.

That still only makes 3 (in my view). If you're pretty sure you can get one, it's worth at least considering amnesty. If not, I think it's out of the question.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote