View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Volica
150 lbs of Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Part of me really wants Feaster to go out and acquire a center. The other part of me doesn't want to see us give up what little assets we have to patch a leak in a roof that's about to cave in.

Cooler heads seemed to have prevailed so far; Feaster hasn't done anything stupid yet.
This is a huge fear of mine. If we went ahead and did this a few years back, I really wouldn't have minded. At that time Calgary had a very competitive team that was knocking on the door of being a power house of the West.

Instead bad trades, signings and giving up the future for B/C rate players dropped us pretty low.

At this point of time, it'd be pointless getting a big time center with what little the cupboard contains. On the other hand, if things start going even more south, and Calgary has the chance to pick up an up-and-coming top line center (guys playing second or third fiddle on their respective teams because of depth) for our scoring depth, I'm okay with that.

Flames lacked all kinds of urgency tonight. I know a 1-0 lead is fine when dealing with the Wild nowadays... but man, 9 minutes of Penalties in the late second, mid third should have put a nail in the coffin. Also Giordano, man... how many times is Calgary going to take these boneheaded penalties this year?

Volica is offline   Reply With Quote