Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers vs Jets - The LOL Edition
View Single Post
Old
02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
5 4 Fighting
Big member

vCash: 400
During and after the games, I like to pick up on the minutia of the player's awareness levels and the overall play of our boys. Last time I asked if anyone else noticed Bickel's improved confidence in his puck handling ability.

From this game, I see a huge negative in Taylor Pyatt's game. He is a very weak player along the boards on the cycle.
Weak meaning not physical strength or balance wise, but his board play is very bad, to say the least.

He needs to be much more frugal with the puck on the boards, it seemed like every time he tried to cycle to his line mate, the puck would get intercepted, combined with his lack of footspeed, is a disaster waiting to happen...any insight, thoughts, opinions would be appreciated. I know he got his 4th goal of the year, but he has been VERY unimpressive recently.

The guy needs to learn how to pass and cycle much better to be an effective player for us. If it was Dubinsky in for Pyatt, I feel like the overall make-up of our team is completely different.

Dubinsky was a powerful skater, with great puck protection in close, and a good cycle. I notice the kids are struggling, Gaborik seems disengaged, and Richards is too hesistant because he know he will get out-muscled and crushed on the boards. Surprisingly, Nash, Powe, Callahan, Hagelin, Halpern are our best "Puck protection" players.

5 4 Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote