View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:14 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barklez View Post
This I disagree with. I think its obvious the Avs have taken a stance against giving out those big second contracts, but I don't think they would be adverse to taking one on. Seguin's one offensive season was in his second season in the league. He's on the same point trajectory as Duchene was after his second year, and I think we would all be happy to have Duchene signed for 5.75 long term a year and a half from now.

IMO, the 1st is steep on our end, but I would rather add to O'Reilly to get back someone who, in my opinion, is going to be a premier player in this league, than to get back two lesser pieces.

For the record, I'm holding out hope for Little and Trouba, but I don't think I could say no to Seguin on Duchene's wing.

ETA: And do people really think that we should be expecting Seguin + something else "impressive" for O'Reilly and a top-5 protected pick? I like O'Reilly as much as the next guy, but I think that's setting our expectations a little too high.
I just don't see the Avs doing this. Whether Seguin is worth it or not, it would totally contradict what they've been standing for. How can they trade O'Reilly for Seguin, when he's got a bigger contract than either of their demands, and only one good season that matches Duchene? They'd look like complete hypocrites.