View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Dave

vCash: 500
Canada does have gun safety courses. If you want to own a gun you have to pass a day long course that has both a written and practical exam component.

The only thing that they don't do is make you fire the weapon. However, you have to demonstrate competent control over a fire arm. Displaying your muzzle control awareness, loading and unloading, checking to see if a round is chambered and examining the bore for obstructions. I'd say most gun courses are done at gun ranges, so the only thing preventing you from getting real practice is your willingness to pay for it over and above the cost of the course itself.

And the people who are going out of their way to get proper gun licensing are not the ones who are cause for concern. It's the dumbass gangbangers who you should be worried about, and generally, they don't go get gun licenses. Edmonton is one of the more dangerous cities in canada, and I've never once felt like I was in danger of being shot. Don't go to the poor areas of the city and be careful when you go to clubs if you don't want to be shot.