View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
I was posting my interpretation of your system. I misunderstood your system...

Actually, now that I understand your system better, it makes less sense than I thought it did.

Yeah, I posted numbers that were different from yours. I must be a liar.

If I wanted to pump up Turgeon, I would have just used 70s' system, they were more impressive than the ones I got.
The funny thing is, you seem to have gotten some of the seasons the same as I did, specifically the top and the bottom three, so something is going on here other than consistently different methodology.

Dreak's numbers:
89, 87, 86, 85, 83, 80, 80, 78, 75, 70, 70, 67, 61, 52

Sturm's numbers:
89, 85, 82, 80, 78, 78, 77, 75, 70, 69, 67, 61, 52

The top season and the bottom three seasons are the same, but the middle is quite different. A simple misunderstanding of my system, which is hardly rocket science, does not account for the strange divergence in results here, nor does a disagreement on how one should handle 1988-89 or 1996-97. I have tried to figure out how you came up with these numbers - which two numbers you divided to reach 87, for example - and I can't fathom it. The top and bottom are the same, but in the middle, everything is a few percentage points higher. Curious.

I've already posted the exact data I used to come up with the results you see above. Care to explain how you actually generated these numbers?