Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Not sure if I'm misreading your post but Barkov is a center and much better than Monahan. If he's there when we pick the Avs should be all over that, and Lindholm after that. I am kind of curious as to whether we legitimately scout Europe enough - depending where we finish this season, we might find out how strong the Avs CHL bias is.

@ Freudian, I'm pretty sure Nichushkin's deal is for 2 more years after this one.
Is Barkov 100% a center, I thought he'd played a lot of wing? I could be wrong.

I'm not saying Monahan is a better player than Barkov. I haven't seen either that much, but I would tend to agree Barkov is probably better. He seems like a great player. I'm just saying Monahan being in that Couturier mold is perfect to replace O'Reilly, or O'Reilly and Staz for that matter. And given what a tough position they may be in facing losing both, the BPA strategy may not hold firm in this draft if they think a guy like Monahan is at least close to the other guys.

I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if the Avs ended up with Lindholm, unless they pick in the mid round, and he slips there. There's just been very little european scouting influence on the Avs picks in recent years. Pracey's beloved OHL has stood tall, and that's where Monahan plays.