Thread: Prospect Info: The 2013 NHL Entry Draft
View Single Post
Old
02-27-2013, 02:03 AM
Nihiliste

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Is he 100% a center, I thought he'd played a lot of wing? I could be wrong.

I'm not saying Monahan is a better player than Barkov. I haven't seen either that much, but I would tend to agree Barkov is probably better. I'm just saying Monahan being in that Couturier mold is perfect to replace O'Reilly, or O'Reilly and Staz for that matter.

I could be wrong, but I'd be surprised if the Avs ended up with Lindholm, unless the Avs pick in the mid round, and he slips there. There's just been very little european scouting influence on the Avs picks in recent years. Pracey's beloved OHL has stood tall, and that's where Monahan plays.

He's a pure center, Lindholm does play some wing though, and I wonder if you're thinking of Drouin's situation for Barkov (was a center before moving to wing to play with Mac). Barkov reminds me of Thornton out there, or Couturier as well actually.

I agree though that the Avs would probably go with a CHL player over Barkov/Lindholm. Certainly over Nichushkin who I agree with Seph is a top 5 player in this draft.

I'm not a huge fan of Monahan but I would be happy to take him if we end up picking 7-9.